1. The Bible: We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God. Their original writings are fully inspired, inerrant (no errors of facts or contradictions), and infallible (reliable and trustworthy). The Word of God is the foundation upon which the church operates and is the basis for which the church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures.
(Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21).
2. God in Three Persons: We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons who are an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things.
(Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
a. God the Father: We believe in the person of God the Father, that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
(Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
b. God the Son: We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth.
(Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
c. The Holy Spirit: We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit who indwells every person who has received Christ as his/her Savior. He works in the salvation of men and women. He helps, teaches, guides, equips, and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service through their bearing the fruit of the Spirit.
(Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 6:13; 14:16-17; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14, )
3. The Gospel: We believe that God created mankind to live in relationship with Him, but separation came into mankind’s relationship with God through sin. We believe that it is only through trusting in God’s saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
(Gen. 2:15-3:19, John 3:16)
a. Man’s Sinful Condition: We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice, falling short of God’s standard and breaking His commandments – and therefore are under God’s righteous judgment.
(Psalm 53:1-3, Romans 3:23, 5:8, Ephesians 2:1-3, )
b. The Work of Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ died in our place as our substitute, absorbing God’s wrath that should have come upon us and that He rose from the dead as a testimony to His righteousness and power.
(Gen 3:15, John 3:16 & 36, Romans 5:6 & 8, 6:23, 1 John 2:2)
c. Receiving Salvation: We believe that the invitation to believe is open to all, and whoever desires may come unto Jesus for new life and the forgiveness of sins. We believe that God saves and gives new life to all who come to Him in repentance and faith, trusting in the Person and work of Jesus Christ for the payment of their sins.
(John 1:12, John 3:16 & 36, John 10:28, Acts 3:19, , Acts 20:21 Ephesians 2:8-9, 1 John 4:9-10, Revelation 3:20)
4. Male Leadership: We believe that the Bible teaches the principle and pattern of male leadership and responsibility in both the home and the church. This limits the offices of Pastor and Elder to qualified men.
(1 Corinthians 11:1-12, 1 Timothy 2:1-15).
5. The Ordinances of the Church: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances [decrees or orders] for the church: (a) water baptism of believers, and (b) the celebration of the Lord’s Supper
(Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19-20; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
6. Eternal Destiny: We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord.
(Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15)
7. Christ’s Return: We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked.
(Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:11-15; Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-16 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14)
8. Pursuing Personal Holiness: We believe that God’s grace which saves us is also intended to steadily change us in personal holiness over the course of our lives. We believe that God’s principles and clear commandments are meant to be followed literally by Christians. These are best summed up in the commands to love God and to love others. We believe that we are called to pursue righteous actions (including treasuring Christ, caring for others, witnessing, giving, etc.) and to resist temptation to sin (including outward actions like, gossip, pornography, pre-marital sex, homosexuality, drunkenness, etc. as well as sins of the heart like greed, envy, lust, bitterness, etc.) Recognizing that any specific sin could be a life-long temptation and struggle for any of us, we believe a lifestyle of intentionally practicing sin is not a condition in which we should live.
(Ex. 20:3-17; Matt. 22:37-40; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; 18-20; Phil. 4:8; Col. 3:5; Eph. 4:32; 2 Tim. 2:22)